Sunday, July 8, 2018

"Golden Day" (on the Blue Ridge Parkway)

Something new and different!
I was so unhappy with this painting that I was working on of golden rods that were growing in Julian Price Park on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  It seemed so blah.  Never being afraid to experiment, I decided to do something that I hadn't done in a very long time.  I started using my pallet knife and things begin to happen that pleased me.  I piled on the paint, I scratched into wet paint, and I enjoyed seeing what was being created.  The color is rich, the surface textures draw the viewer to look closer and the scratches lend an interesting hieroglyphic to the image  Now I am finished and happy with the results.

                                          34" x 24"
                                          oil on gessoed masonite panel


No comments:

Post a Comment