Thursday, June 8, 2017

"Watauga River Summer"

Many pleasant, pastoral, idyllic and captivating scenes are to be found in Watauga County, NC. Here I have tried to interpret the beauty of a lovely farm situated at a bend in the Watauga River.  I only made photographs of the early value study (done after my initial drawing) and the completed painting.  There are so many stages and painting days along the journey of creating a painting and I get so caught-up in the process and joy of creating that I just don't remember to take photos along the way.

First the completed painting:
                                          24" X 20"
                                          oil on canvas
                                          GIFTED

Here's the under painting where I establish the overall composition and the light to dark value relationships within:

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment