Friday, May 26, 2017

"Garden by a Fence in Old Salem" (in four stages)

This time I forgot to take a picture of my sketch on the canvas.  However, I'm posting the next four stages of creating this painting.  I begin again by posting the completed painting first.  I really got caught-up in the details of the fence and garden plants. (Quite opposite from my sometimes very impressionistic renderings!)
                                          32" X 18"
                                          oil on canvas
                                          SOLD

At this stage I'm pretty well along with having everything layed-in with local color and have started detailing the most distant trees:


Here I'm beginning to paint-in local color in the darkest areas:


I've covered the whole canvas with a value study/under painting (in acrylic) and established the composition:

No comments:

Post a Comment